Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A bit of knits and a lot of travels

Ok, I'll admit it, I have no idea how this time thing work. Surely it can't be almost 6 weeks since I last wrote a real post?
In that time, I've been on 3 different trips to 6 different countries. Let's look at pretty pictures and see if I'm forgiven, shall we?
First, I was in Graz, Austria for a day trip

Then we (that's Maja & I) went on a road trip around Slovenia with a detour to Trieste, Italy to visit a friend.

Yep, that's a Baby Surprise Jacket you see there, I made it with 2 skeins of some lovely Koigu that was gifted to me a few years ago. It's for my new baby niece who STILL doesn't have a name after 2 weeks.
We went swimming on a wild beach

(starting to think there's no way I can share all 3 trips in one go, so I'll just do the first one)
Then spent a lovely afternoon in the coastal town of Piran

Before heading down to Trieste to catch up with my friend and got to meet the loveliest little girl in the world

Then we went into an AMAZING cave, no pictures were allowed though. Next to the beautiful Lake Bled, where I had a little photo shoot session with a sample of Spring Fountain shawl that was Diane's birthday present (I ceremoniously presented it to her, then rudely took it back for a photo shoot trip)

Then we went to a mountain, where I got on a ski lift for the first time in my life, pet (tried to) some sheeps and had some amazing barley soup that I'm dying to learn how to make.
The next day, we actually CLIMBED a mountain (Maja said it's a WALK, I strongly disagree).

But I made it anyway (not without some difficulties and name-calling)

I got to spend a whole day on my own exploring Ljubljana and it was such a delightful city (I took way too many pictures to share though) before I made my way back to Maja's parents' place in Maribor and let them feed me with more meat.

At the beginning of this post, I was planning to do one of my let's-recap-what-happened-in-past-3-months-in-one-go post, but it was proving impossible since I had so many amazing experiences that I'd like to share with you. So next I'll be sharing my Spain trip with you (that trip was more than twice longer, so might be 2 posts!).

No comments: